Publications & Products
- NNPS HANDBOOK: School, Family, and Community Partnerships: Your Handbook for Action, Second
Edition guides school leaders and district and state facilitators to plan, implement, and improve school-family-community partnership programs. Includes workshop PowerPoint and activities in English and Spanish.
- MULTICULTURAL PARTNERSHIPS: INVOLVE ALL FAMILIES:This practical, how-to book, Multicultural Partnerships: Involve All Families, is a must-have, research-based guide for all schools serving culturally diverse elementary and middle grade students and their communities. It provides effective strategies for raising awareness of the strengths of all cultures and for engaging all families in their children's education through Multicultural Family Nights, Workshops for Parents, and Curriculum Connections.
- TEXTBOOK FOR COLLEGE COURSES: School, Family, and Community Partnerships:Preparing Educators and Improving Schools Second Edition (Westview Press, 2011) guides professors of education and social sciences to prepare future teachers and administrators to take new directions in organizing programs of family and community involvement. Includes readings of original research, comments and questions to discuss in class, homework assignments, and field activities for undergraduate and graduate students.
- PRINCIPALS MATTER: This new book from NNPS researchers, Principals Matter: A Guide to School, Family, and Community Partnerships, helps administrators and other school leaders understand and improve programs of family and community involvement.
- FAMILY READING NIGHT: This book, Family Reading Night (2008), guides elementary school Action Teams for Partnerships and other leaders to implement ten effective reading nights. Includes themes and activities for grades K-2, 3-5.
- BUILDING SCHOOL-COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS: This book by Mavis Sanders, Building School-Community Partnerships: Collaboration for Student Success discusses a wide range of community resources and sample activities to improve the school, strengthen families, and increase student learning and development.
- PROMISING PARTNERSHIP PRACTICES: The annual
collection of Promising Partnership Practices describes creative and successful school, district, state, and organization level partnership practices submitted by NNPS members.
- TYPE 2: NNPS's semi-annual newsletter,
Type 2, shares examples of best practices,
solutions to challenges, and guidelines for continuous improvement in program
- RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS: The Center on School,
Family, and Community Partnerships at Johns Hopkins University conducts research and reports results in scholarly and practical journals and books to help educators develop and maintain strong programs of partnership.
- NNPS DVD: Learn what NNPS is all about and what education leaders say about the importance of developing research-based partnership programs for student success. Click for NNPS DVD
- TIPS RESOURCES: NNPS offers a PowerPoint presentation to help members develop Teachers Involve Parents in Schoolwork TIPS) Interactive Homework. Also see TIPS CD with over 500 interactive homework activities for the elementary and middle grades.
- OTHER PRODUCTS: Guidebooks and materials on developing a family center or family room in a school were developed in a prior research center for improving school, family, and community partnerships. These items may be purchased for as long as copies are available.
- INCENTIVE ITEMS: NNPS offers for sale to members:
- SURVEYS & SUMMARIES: NNPS offers surveys and summaries for teachers, parents, and students for sale to members of NNPS. The scales and measures have been used by professors, graduate students, and school districts to understand current partnership practices, needed improvements, and to explore other research questions about family and community involvement. See products for elementary/middle schools and for high schools.
© Copyright 1996-2009 The Center on School, Family, and Community Partnerships at Johns Hopkins