To join the National Network of Partnership Schools (NNPS), district members must agree to fulfill the following requirements as they develop district leadership and school-based programs of school, family, and community partnerships.
- Assign the equivalent of one full-time facilitator or coordinator (1 FTE) to work with Action
Team for Partnerships (ATP) in 15 to 30 schools. Districts with fewer than 15 participating schools may propose a part-time equivalent facilitator.
- Write an annual Leadership Plan for Partnerships. NNPS provides templates for district plans and an inventory, Lead and Succeed, to help district leaders organize their work at the district level and with all schools.
- Help each participating school join NNPS and meet the SCHOOL
LEVEL requirements of membership.
With guidance from NNPS, district leaders will provide training on partnerships for school ATPs and help ATPs write action plans, encourage implementation, share best practices, promote evaluations, and connect schools with NNPS.
- Allocate an annual budget for staff salaries and program activities in the Leadership Plan for Partnerships.
- Complete an annual UPDATE survey to evaluate progress and to renew district membership in NNPS for the next school year.
- Create or identify an Office, Department, or Program of School, Family, and Community Partnerships. (Required of large districts with more than 30 schools.)
- Send $400 to join NNPS for professional development on partnerships and to receive the Handbook and other benefits
The annual renewal fee for districts is $200.
Invitation to join NNPS and District Membership Form.
Organization and University Requirements
© Copyright 1996-2010 The Center on School, Family, and Community Partnerships at Johns Hopkins